Thursday, October 25, 2012

MY COAT OF ARMS




 The Arms of

Ian Carlo Lim Macalisang, BSME, IAAH

Member, International Association of Amateur Heralds


Arms: Azure on a bend Vert fimbriated Or
between in chief and in base a laurel wreath
Or three lions rampant Or.
Crest:  On a torse Azure and Gules and Or, a
Livistona Rotundifolia Vert charged with a
Calvary Cross fleury Or.
Mantling: On dexter Azure doubled Or and
on sinister Gules doubled Or.
Helm: a Chinese medieval helmet affronty.
Motto: Fortitudo, Scientia, Veritas and Deus
Familia et Patria.


Symbolism:

The symbolism of the coat of arms is greatly inspired 
by my being a Filipino of Chinese descent. The blue
(azure) escutcheon symbolizes peace, truth, and 
loyalty to God, family, and country. These ideals are 
also stated in my motto. The green (Vert) bend on 
gold (Or) fimbriation shows my loyalty and 
generosity to my loved ones, whom I am willing to 
defend at all costs. The three golden (Or) rampant 
lions display my courage in pursuing my goals. The 
two golden (Or) laurel wreaths symbolizes my goal 
of achieving the highest victory in my endeavours 
living on the famous quote “Go for Gold”. The helm 
is the type used by Chinese warriors in medieval 
times. The helm symbolizes the Chinese part of  my 
identity while the mantling of blue (Azure), red 
(Gules), and yellow (Or) symbolizes the Filipino part 
of my identity. The cross in front of an “Anahaw 
Leaf” Livistona Rotundifolia symbolizes my religious 
belief as a Filipino Roman Catholic. 

The design and blazon of my arms were originally done by me with the help of  Edward 
Thiravej Ploysongsang, Esq. of Thailand and U.S. and Derwin James Kah Wai Mak, O.St.J.
an armiger  from Canada. They helped me a lot especially with the technicalities of 
heraldry.

Registration: 
www.assumearms.com, reg.no:1000200 United States Coat of Arms Database and Registry
                       www.chinese-armorial.com, Chinese Armorial Registry, Oct.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment